Pattern Making: The basic skirt - Wednesday 22, 29 Jan & 5 Feb, 6 – 8.30pm
PATTERN MAKING: BASIC SKIRT - 22, 29 JAN & 5 FEB
The basic skirt is a great place to start if you have no pattern making experience. In this workshop you will draft a basic pencil skirt to your own measurements and learn how to convert into an A-line, flared or gored skirt.
Drafting your own skirt is much easier and faster than you think. So come and join us and begin your pattern making journey.
The workshop will run over three Wednesday evenings, 22 and 29 January, and 5 February 2020, from 6 – 8.30pm.
In this workshop you will:
- Draft a basic skirt to fit your measurements
- Sew it in calico to test the fit
- Make a basic block from your pattern and learn how to convert it into an A-line, flared or gored skirt.
What is included:
- Drafting paper
- Pattern card for your basic block
- Calico for the skirt
Sewing machines will be provided in class however you are welcome to bring your own if you would prefer.
What you will need to bring:
- Tape measure
- Tracing wheel
- Dressmaking scissors
- Pattern making square
Sewing notions and pattern making equipment listed above can also be purchased in class if needed.
Further information will be sent following registration.
- Date: Wednesday 22 and 29 January, and 5 February 2020
- Time: 6 – 8.30pm
- Location: Yarralumla
- Prerequisite: Basic sewing skills
- Number of participants: 5
Booking and payment:
Please see Frequently Asked Questions page for details about payment and terms.
Please note that during checkout you will be asked to enter your address. We do not require this information so please put asterisks or other symbols in the required address fields to enable you to checkout.
For more information call /text Rhonda on 0407205682 or email: Rhonda@fashion-school.com.au
- If you choose ‘bank deposit’ as your method of payment, the payment must be received within 3 days. If payment has not been received after 3 days the place will be made available for others to purchase.
- A refund will only be given up to 21 days prior to the workshop commencement and 20% administration fee will be deducted.
- It is your responsibility to attend each class. We do not offer ‘make up’ classes, refund or credit.
- The minimum age for class participants is 16 years
- If a class is cancelled by us a full refund will be given.