Beginning Sewing Module 1: Sewing the basic pattern, 9.30 am–3.00pm, Saturday 19 January 2019
This one-day workshop is specifically designed for anyone who has never sewn before or who is returning after a long absence.
In this workshop you will make a pair of elastic waisted pull-on PJ pants while learning to navigate your way around the sewing machine.
You’ll learn: how to choose the correct size when buying a commercial pattern; how to read a pattern and learn what all the pattern markings mean; how to layout and cut a basic pattern; and how to use different sewing machine feet.
What will be provided:
- Sewing machines, however you are welcome to bring your own if you have a basic knowledge of how your machine works
- Commercial sewing pattern (to fit hip size 82 – 120cm). If you don’t fall within this size range please email me
- Elastic for pant waist
What you will need to bring:
- Woven fabric of your choice…details of what to purchase will be emailed to you once you register
- Thread to match your fabric
- Tape measure
- Paper scissors
- Fabric scissors
- Pins (glass head preferred)
- Seam ripper
- Thread snips
If you do not have any of these items they can be purchased in class individually or you can purchase a complete kit that includes a sewing box, carry bag and everything you will ever need to sew. More details will be emailed after registration.
For more information please email: email@example.com or call 0407 205 682.
Prerequisite: No sewing skills required
Number of participants: 6
Date: Saturday 19 January 2019
Time: 9.30 am–3.00pm (with a break for lunch)
Venue: Canberra Sewing, 26 Colbee Court, Phillip ACT 2600
- If you choose ‘bank deposit’ as your method of payment, the payment must be received within 3 days. If payment has not been received after 3 days the place will be made available for others to purchase.
- A refund will only be given up to 21 days prior to the workshop commencement and 20% administration fee will be deducted.
- It is your responsibility to attend each class. We do not offer ‘make up’ classes, refund or credit.
- The minimum age for class participants is 16 years
- If a class is cancelled by us a full refund will be given.