Pattern Making: The knit top - Saturday 14, 21 & 28 March, 10am – 12.30pm
PATTERN MAKING: KNIT TOP - 14, 21 & 28 MARCH
In this class you will learn to draft a basic bodice (and sleeve) to your own measurements for a stretch top that we will make up in class. This pattern can also be used to make a T-shirt. You will also learn how to adjust the pattern for different types of stretch fabric.
What we will cover:
- How to take measurements to draft the pattern
- How to draft the pattern for a knit bodice and sleeve to your own measurements
- How to lay, cut and finally sew the pattern together
What will be provided:
- Drafting paper
- Sewing machines
- Seam binding
What you will need to bring:
- Stretch fabric…details will be emailed following registration
- Matching thread
- Pattern making square
- Tape measure
- Tracing wheel (preferable blunt edged)
- Glass head pins
- Sewing gauge
- Fabric scissors
- Paper scissors
- Pencils (also in red and/or blue if you have them)
A full list of what you will need to bring, including the type of fabric needed in addition to all other necessary information will be provided following registration.
Sergers (overlockers) won’t be used for this course and the top will be made entirely using a domestic sewing machine, however you are welcome to bring your serger if you have one.
- Date: Saturday 14, 21, 28 March 2020
- Time: 10am – 12.30pm
- Location: Yarralumla
- Prerequisite: Basic sewing skills
- Number of participants: 5
Booking and payment:
Please see Frequently Asked Questions page for details about payment and terms.
Please note that during checkout you will be asked to enter your address. We do not require this information so please put asterisks or other symbols in the required address fields to enable you to checkout.
For more information call/text Rhonda on 0407205682 or email: Rhonda@fashion-school.com.au
- If you choose ‘bank deposit’ as your method of payment, the payment must be received within 3 days. If payment has not been received after 3 days the place will be made available for others to purchase.
- A refund will only be given up to 21 days prior to the workshop commencement and 20% administration fee will be deducted.
- It is your responsibility to attend each class. We do not offer ‘make up’ classes, refund or credit.
- The minimum age for class participants is 16 years.
- If a class is cancelled by us a full refund will be given.