Pattern Making: The basic bodice (the moulage) - Wednesday 4, 11, 18 & 25 March, 6 – 9pm
PATTERN MAKING: THE BASIC BODICE (THE MOULAGE) - 4, 11, 18 & 25 MARCH
The “Moulage” is the most useful of all pattern drafts after the pants. This draft is the foundation for basic shirts, dresses, jackets and coats. It can also be used to overlay onto commercial pattern so you will know that the garment you are making will fit perfectly.
In this class you will:
- Draft a torso bodice and sleeve pattern to your own measurements
- Adapt the pattern to a wearable close fitting pattern
- Sew it in calico to test the fit
- Learn how to adapt the pattern for different garment styles
- Draft a sleeve to fit the bodice
Included in the class:
- Drafting paper
- Calico for your bodice
- Pattern card for your block
Sewing machines will be available in class if required however if you would like to use your own you are welcome to bring it.
What you will need to bring:
- Pattern making square
- Tape measure
- Dressmaking scissors
- Tracing wheel
- Scotch magic tape
- Red and/or blue pencils (very useful but not necessary)
All pattern making equipment can be purchased from me in class.
Further details will be emailed following registration.
- Date: Wednesday 4, 11, 18 and 25 March 2020
- Time: 6 – 9pm
- Location: Yarralumla
- Prerequisite: Previous pattern making skills
- Number of participants: 5
Booking and payment:
Please see Frequently Asked Questions page for details about payment and terms.
Please note that during checkout you will be asked to enter your address. We do not require this information so please put asterisks or other symbols in the required address fields to enable you to checkout.
For more information call /text Rhonda on 0407205682 or email: Rhonda@fashion-school.com.au
- If you choose ‘bank deposit’ as your method of payment, the payment must be received within 3 days. If payment has not been received after 3 days the place will be made available for others to purchase.
- A refund will only be given up to 21 days prior to the workshop commencement and 20% administration fee will be deducted.
- It is your responsibility to attend each class. We do not offer ‘make up’ classes, refund or credit.
- The minimum age for class participants is 16 years.
- If a class is cancelled by us a full refund will be given.