Pattern Making: The basic pant - Wednesday 12, 19 & 26 Feb, 6 – 9 pm
PATTERN MAKING: THE BASIC PANT - 12, 19 & 26 FEB
If you’ve always wanted a pair of well-fitting pants this workshop will show you how to do it. You will draft a basic pair of pants that can be then used as a basis for many different styles.
In this class we will:
Draft a pair of pants to your own measurements and make a test pair in calico to test the fit. The final fitting pattern will then be transferred onto pattern card to be used as a basic pattern. You will also learn how to convert this pattern to a classic fitting pant pattern.
What will be provided:
- Drafting paper
- Pattern card
- Calico for one pair of pants
Sewing machines will be available to use however if you would like to use your own you are welcome to bring it.
What you will need to bring:
- Pattern making square
- Tape measure
- Tracing wheel
- Pins (preferable glass head if you need to purchase)
- Dressmaking scissors
- Red and/or blue coloured pencils would be helpful but not necessary
- A note book to take notes
All of the pattern making equipment listed can be purchased from me in class.
Further details will be emailed following registration.
- Date: Wednesday 12, 19 and 26 February 2020
- Time: 6 – 9 pm
- Location: Yarralumla
- Prerequisite: Pattern Making 1 (The Basic Skirt) or an understanding of how patterns are assembled
- Number of participants: 5
Booking and payment:
Please see Frequently Asked Questions page for details about payment and terms.
Please note that during checkout you will be asked to enter your address. We do not require this information so please put asterisks or other symbols in the required address fields to enable you to checkout.
For more information call /text Rhonda on 0407205682 or email: Rhonda@fashion-school.com.au
- If you choose ‘bank deposit’ as your method of payment, the payment must be received. within 3 days. If payment has not been received after 3 days the place will be made available for others to purchase.
- A refund will only be given up to 21 days prior to the workshop commencement and 20% administration fee will be deducted.
- It is your responsibility to attend each class. We do not offer ‘make up’ classes, refund or credit.
- The minimum age for class participants is 16 years
- If a class is cancelled by us a full refund will be given.