Intro to commercial patterns: The skirt - Saturday 1, 8 & 15 Feb, 9.30 am – 12.30 pm
INTRODUCTION TO COMMERCIAL PATTERNS: THE SKIRT - 1, 8 & 15 FEB
This class is designed to familiarise you with commercial patterns. You will make a ‘fitted’ or ‘A line skirt’ (your choice), to your measurements, using a commercial pattern and finish it to a professional standard.
What we will cover:
- Understanding commercial patterns and how to choose the correct size
- Taking measurements and adjusting the pattern for a perfect fit
- Laying out and cutting the pattern
- Applying interfacing
- Inserting an invisible zipper
- Hong Kong seams finish
What is included:
- A sewing pattern in your size
- Seam binding
- Satin bias binding
- Sewing machine to use in class (unless you bring your own)
Note: Although sewing machines are provided, if you have a sewing machine and you would like to use it in class, you are welcome to bring it.
What you will need to bring:
- Fabric for your skirt
- Thread to match fabric
- Invisible zipper
- Basic sewing notions
All notions can be purchased from me in class separately or as a complete kit. All details of what you will need to purchase, including fabric quantity will be sent following registration.
- Date: Saturday 1, 8 and 15 February 2020
- Time: 9.30 am – 12.30 pm
- Location: Yarralumla
- Prerequisite: Basic sewing skills
- Number of participants: 5
Booking and payment:
Please see Frequently Asked Questions page for details about payment and terms.
Please note that during checkout you will be asked to enter your address. We do not require this information so please put asterisks or other symbols in the required address fields to enable you to checkout.
For more information call /text Rhonda on 0407205682 or email: Rhonda@fashion-school.com.au
- If you choose ‘bank deposit’ as your method of payment, the payment must be received within 3 days. If payment has not been received after 3 days the place will be made available for others to purchase.
- A refund will only be given up to 21 days prior to the workshop commencement and 20% administration fee will be deducted.
- It is your responsibility to attend each class. We do not offer ‘make up’ classes, refund or credit.
- The minimum age for class participants is 16 years
- If a class is cancelled by us a full refund will be given.