Beginning Sewing Workshop, 23 & 30 March & 6 April 2019
This workshop is specifically designed for anyone who has never sewn before or who is returning after a long absence.
On the first day of this workshop you will learn how to navigate your way around a sewing machine while making a cushion cover followed by a very stylish pull-on pencil skirt with darts on the second and third days.
The skirt is a beautiful newly designed skirt with darts and a high waist, and even though it has an elastic waist you would never know it!
You’ll learn how to use different sewing machine feet; lay out and cut out a basic pattern; and, pattern and sewing terms. Different fabrics and their uses will also be discussed.
You will not need to bring anything. However, if you have a sewing machine and you would like to use it in class, you are welcome to bring it as long as it is in good working order.
What will be provided with this workshop
- Fabric for cushion cover and skirt (choice of fabric colours is available)
- Skirt sewing pattern
- Complete kit of sewing notions (valued at over $100) with everything you will ever need to sew a beautiful garment (see photo)
- Sewing thread
- Sewing machine to use in class (unless you bring your own)
What you will need to bring
- A notebook if you would like to take notes.
- A snack if you won’t survive for 3½ hours
For more information please email: email@example.com call 0407 205 682.
- Prerequisite: No sewing skills required
- Number of participants: 6
- Date: Saturday 23, 30 March & 6 April 2019
- Time: 9.30am–1.00pm
- Venue: Canberra Sewing, 26 Colbee Court, Phillip ACT 2600
- Cost: $350
- If you choose ‘bank deposit’ as your method of payment, the payment must be received within 3 days. If payment has not been received after 3 days the place will be made available for others to purchase.
- A refund will only be given up to 21 days prior to the workshop commencement and 20% administration fee will be deducted.
- It is your responsibility to attend each class. We do not offer ‘make up’ classes, refund or credit.
- The minimum age for class participants is 16 years
- If a class is cancelled by us a full refund will be given.
Please see the Frequently Asked Questions page for details about payment and terms.
Please note that during checkout you will be asked to enter your address. We do not require this information so please put asterisks or other symbols in the required address fields to enable you to checkout.
For more information call Rhonda on 0407 205 682 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org