Beginning Sewing - Thursday 23 & 30 Jan, 6 – 8.30pm
BEGINNING SEWING - 23 & 30 JAN
This class is perfect for anyone who has never sewn before or who is returning after a long absence and would like to re-gain their confidence.
It runs for five hours over two half days on Thursday 23 and 30 January 2020 at 6 – 8.30pm.
You will learn to sew with precision and accuracy starting with the basics and you will leave with new found confidence and a lovely cushion made by you.
Following this class you will be ready to move on to commercial patterns and sew your own garments.
In this class you will learn:
- How to navigate your way around the sewing machine
- How to use different sewing machine feet
- How to lay out and cut a basic pattern
- Pattern and sewing terms
Different fabrics and their uses will be discussed as well as what you need to know about buying a commercial pattern.
Sewing machines will be provided, however if you have a sewing machine and you would like to use it in class, you are welcome to bring it, as long as it’s in good working order.
What will be provided with this class:
- Fabric for the cushion cover (choice of fabric colours is available) and other sewing done in the class
- Pattern for cushion cover
- Sewing thread
- Sewing machine to use in class (unless you bring your own)
What you will need to bring:
Basic sewing notions…all of which can be purchased from me in class or separately as a complete kit. The details will be sent to you after registration along with all other necessary information.
- Date: Thursday 23 and 30 January 2020
- Time: 6 – 8.30pm
- Location: Yarralumla
- Prerequisite: No sewing skills required
- Number of participants: 5
Booking and payment:
Please see Frequently Asked Questions page for details about payment and terms.
Please note that during checkout you will be asked to enter your address. We do not require this information so please put asterisks or other symbols in the required address fields to enable you to checkout.
For more information call/text Rhonda on 0407 205 682 or email: Rhonda@fashion-school.com.au
- If you choose ‘bank deposit’ as your method of payment, the payment must be received within 3 days. If payment has not been received after 3 days the place will be made available for others to purchase.
- A refund will only be given up to 21 days prior to class commencement and 20% administration fee will be deducted.
- It is your responsibility to attend each class. We do not offer ‘make up’ classes, refund or credit.
- The minimum age for class participants is 16 years
- If a class is cancelled by us a full refund will be given.