ARCHIVED: Beginning Sewing one-day T-shirt (Knit Top) Workshop, 9.30 am–3.00pm, Saturday 12 January 2019
This one-day workshop is specifically designed for anyone who has never sewn before or who is returning after a long absence.
In this workshop you will make a T-shirt (or a knit top…your choice) while learning to navigate your way around the sewing machine. You’ll learn how to layout and cut a basic pattern and how to use different sewing machine feet.
What will be provided:
- Sewing machines, however you are welcome to bring your own if you have a basic knowledge of how your machine works
- Drafted pattern in your size
- Pattern paper
- Tracing paper
- Rulers (for use in class)
What you will need to bring:
- Fabric of your choice…details of what to purchase will be emailed to you once you register
- Thread to match your fabric
- Tape measure
- Paper scissors
- Fabric scissors
- Pins (glass head preferred)
- Tracing wheel (blunt edged preferred)
- Seam ripper
- Thread snips
If you do not have any of these items they can be purchased in class individually or you can purchase a complete kit that includes a sewing box, carry bag and everything you will ever need to sew. More details will be emailed after registration.
For more information please email: email@example.com or call 0407205682.
Prerequisite: No sewing skills required.
Number of participants: 6
Date: Saturday 12 January 2019
Time: 9.30 am–3.00pm (with a break for lunch)
Venue: Canberra Sewing, 26 Colbee Court, Phillip ACT 2600
- If you choose ‘bank deposit’ as your method of payment, the payment must be received within 3 days. If payment has not been received after 3 days the place will be made available for others to purchase.
- A refund will only be given up to 21 days prior to the workshop commencement and 20% administration fee will be deducted.
- It is your responsibility to attend each class. We do not offer ‘make up’ classes, refund or credit.
- The minimum age for class participants is 16 years
- If a class is cancelled by us a full refund will be given.